Privacy and Security
At Robinswood Financial, you are our most important asset.
We work hard to build your trust and will do everything we can to maintain it. We also understand that you have entrusted us with your private financial information. The following describes our approach to client privacy and our commitment to you to keep your records private and secure.
Is my money safe?
Yes. Robinswood Financial is not a broker/dealer and is not the custodian on your account. Robinswood does not hold any cash or securities for any of our clients. Instead, all assets and cash are held by Charles Schwab, an outside broker/dealer, or at our affiliated trust company Schwab Trust Company with insurance coverage provided by them. The cash transactions are between you and the custodian.
Is my account with Charles Schwab guaranteed?
Regarding losses due to unauthorized activity, yes, your account is guaranteed. We want you to have the highest level of confidence, which is one reason we have chosen Charles Schwab as your custodian. Schwab covers 100 percent of any losses in any of your Schwab accounts due to unauthorized activity.
Regarding the portfolio value, no. The value of your investments will fluctuate, and there is no way to guarantee against investment losses.
Are accounts with Charles Schwab insured?
Yes. Charles Schwab is insured by Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which provides a safety net for investors in case a custodian goes out of business. To the extent that SIPC cannot recover securities owed to a client, funds from the SIPC reserve are available to satisfy the remaining claims up to a maximum of $500,000 per “client capacity” (for example, sole owner, custodian, or joint tenant). This figure includes a maximum of $100,000 on claims for cash. Additional recovered funds are used to pay investors whose claims exceed SIPC’s protection limit of $500,000.
Additional account protection is provided through underwriters at Lloyd’s of London. Under the policy secured with underwriters at Lloyd’s, the additional protection of securities and cash is provided up to an aggregate of $600 million, limited to a combined return to any customer from a trustee, SIPC, and Lloyd’s of $150 million, including cash of up to $900,000 by the Lloyd’s policy.
Are your records protected?
All records at Robinswood Financial are regularly backed up and stored for a minimum of five years at a separate secure facility.
Our custodian, Charles Schwab, maintains redundant backups of all records in multiple states.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not disclose personal information to third parties except in limited circumstances wherein we may disclose or report personal information where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve client disputes, or perform credit/authentication checks.
- We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to administer your account(s) and serve you better.
- Application and planning information. We collect information that you provide to us when you open an account and/or when Robinswood performs planning services for clients. The information we collect may include name, address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, Social Security number, and information about your interests, investments, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow needs, estate plans, tax items, and previous investment experience.
- Transactional information. Once you have an account with us, to administer your account and to serve you better, we collect and maintain personal information about your transactions, including balances, positions, and history, and may include your name or other data in an internal client list that reflects your activities at Robinswood.
- We use your personal information to fulfill our regulatory obligations and to help us deliver the best possible service to you.
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- Robinswood does not sell or share any of its client or database information with any outside or third-party vendor.
- Robinswood restricts access to personal information to our employees and agents for business purposes only.
- We will continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate, up to date, and confidential. If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us so that we can update our records immediately.
We understand that you have entrusted us with your private financial information.